Staff Roles and Responsibilities for the Bathroom
(All children must be completely toilet trained by their first day, which
means the child is wearing underwear and has mastered using the toilet for
urination and bowel movements)
- The staff will assist a child with wiping after a bowel movement if he or she asks for help and after they have tried to wipe themselves.
- The staff will assist a child in buttoning pants, doing zippers etc., if the child needs help.
- The staff will help a child change their clothing and clean themselves in the case of a toileting accident.
- The staff will remind the children to wash their hands with soap before snack, lunch and after going to the bathroom.
- The staff will check a child if they have injured themselves (ie. if a child falls on a bike bar and hurts his/her genital area.)
There are four scheduled bathroom trips per day for everyone. Children are welcome to use the bathroom outside of these times as well. During a scheduled bathroom trip in the routine, staff will always be in the bathroom, however because it is a large group, we need the child to mention if they need our help wiping after a B.M.